Probable CPU time per iteration step

• kallay
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Mihaly Kallay
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #855 by kallay
Replied by kallay on topic Probable CPU time per iteration step
No, it isn't. You should use faster disks or RAID.

Best regards,
Mihaly Kallay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #856 by Nike
Replied by Nike on topic Probable CPU time per iteration step
Dear Igor,
Technically the I/O could be parallelized with an MPI library called Parallel-HDF5 but you won't really notice the difference unless you use multiple nodes (not just more cores but more nodes). The fort.* files would also have to be in HDF5 format. This isn't yet implemented in MRCC.

You might benefit from using node local storage or switching to a solid-state drive.

With best wishes!
Nike

• i.s.ger
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #857 by i.s.ger
Replied by i.s.ger on topic Probable CPU time per iteration step
Dear Nike,

Thank you for sharing your experience!

To be honest, I am not entirely interested in energies. I am interested in the calculation of electron density using CC methods. You have raised a theme of extrapolating schemes, and as I know, they are not available for densities: the results are significantly different in the different basis sets.
And also, about using CCSDT(Q): for this method, derivatives are not available, so the CC density can not be computed.

By the way, Ar2(36e, 336o) with R=5.0A, CCSDT(no frozen core)/ACCQ has one CC iteration step per hour on my machine. Really cool result!

Best regards,
Igor

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #858 by Nike
Replied by Nike on topic Probable CPU time per iteration step
Dear Igor,
Now that you have said this, I can understand your problem better. Your original post in this thread didn't say anything about needing densities, and I only checked to see if you'd asked a different question elsewhere because Mihaly somehow knew you were using 160 orbitals! I found your question about the neon dimer with 160 orbitals but did not look to deep into what you wrote there, so I didn't see you were interested in densities.

With best wishes!
Nike

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds