- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
If you run into troubles, it is always a good habit to report the following information:
as well as the value of the relevant environmental variables, such OMP_NUM_THREADS, etc.
This information helps us a lot when figuring out what is going on with your compilation
- the way build.mrcc was invoked
- the output of build.mrcc
- compiler version (for example: ifort -V, gfortran -v)
- blas/lapack versions
- as well as gcc and glibc versions
as well as the value of the relevant environmental variables, such OMP_NUM_THREADS, etc.
This information helps us a lot when figuring out what is going on with your compilation
Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
- mhvg1994
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
2 days 19 hours ago - 2 days 19 hours ago #1655
by mhvg1994
Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64 was created by mhvg1994
I've been trying to compile MRCC on my HPC using GNU compilers (unfortunately, in order to interface with CFOUR, I need to use the foss compiler set, installed with easybuild). I have installed the libxc libraries in a build directory which I placed in the folder with all the MRCC source code (so, it's in /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build), which is where I'm also trying to direct MRCC to compile to.
For some reason, however, when I try to compile MRCC, I keep getting the error message:
Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
The command I am using to install MRCC is:
./build.mrcc GNU -pOMP -pMPI=OpenMPI -llibxc -L /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build -f/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
My understanding is that this command should be directing MRCC to the libxc libraries. I have also tried:
./build.mrcc GNU -pOMP -pMPI=OpenMPI -L /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build -llibxc -f/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
./build.mrcc GNU -pOMP -pMPI=OpenMPI -llibxc -L /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build -f/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
I also tried installing it from the build directory itself:
../build.mrcc GNU -pOMP -pMPI=OpenMPI -llibxc -f/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
This last command actually works, but as a consequence the build process is not finding the functions f_getxclib and f_GNU, and so the build fails anyway.
Does anyone know what the problem might be? Why isn't the -L option working?
For some reason, however, when I try to compile MRCC, I keep getting the error message:
Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
The command I am using to install MRCC is:
./build.mrcc GNU -pOMP -pMPI=OpenMPI -llibxc -L /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build -f/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
My understanding is that this command should be directing MRCC to the libxc libraries. I have also tried:
./build.mrcc GNU -pOMP -pMPI=OpenMPI -L /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build -llibxc -f/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
./build.mrcc GNU -pOMP -pMPI=OpenMPI -llibxc -L /home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build -f/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
I also tried installing it from the build directory itself:
../build.mrcc GNU -pOMP -pMPI=OpenMPI -llibxc -f/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
This last command actually works, but as a consequence the build process is not finding the functions f_getxclib and f_GNU, and so the build fails anyway.
Does anyone know what the problem might be? Why isn't the -L option working?
Last edit: 2 days 19 hours ago by mhvg1994.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- i.s.ger
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 5
1 day 11 hours ago - 1 day 11 hours ago #1656
by i.s.ger
Replied by i.s.ger on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
Hi!
You have to remove line
```
[ ! -e $LIBS_LIBXC/$dir/$file.la ] && all_exist=0 && break
```
in build.mrcc.config and compile libxc statically. Then, export LIBXC_LIBS=<libxc-install-dir> and try to compile MRCC again.
I have no idea why it tries to check *.la files while *.a is enough for static builds. Looks like some unnecessary artifacts for m4 epoch.
You have to remove line
```
[ ! -e $LIBS_LIBXC/$dir/$file.la ] && all_exist=0 && break
```
in build.mrcc.config and compile libxc statically. Then, export LIBXC_LIBS=<libxc-install-dir> and try to compile MRCC again.
I have no idea why it tries to check *.la files while *.a is enough for static builds. Looks like some unnecessary artifacts for m4 epoch.
Last edit: 1 day 11 hours ago by i.s.ger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhvg1994
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mhvg1994
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
1 day 9 hours ago - 19 hours 43 minutes ago #1657
by mhvg1994
Replied by mhvg1994 on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
What do you mean when you say ‘compile LibXC statically’? Is that different to how it’s explained in the installation from source instructions in the manual?
I tried following your advice (except I only commented out the line you mentioned—I'm hoping that should be enough?) but I'm getting the same errors. I haven't recompiled libxc, though... I'm not sure how to do it 'statically'. I installed it based on the example in the manual (example 3, part a).
I tried following your advice (except I only commented out the line you mentioned—I'm hoping that should be enough?) but I'm getting the same errors. I haven't recompiled libxc, though... I'm not sure how to do it 'statically'. I installed it based on the example in the manual (example 3, part a).
Last edit: 19 hours 43 minutes ago by mhvg1994. Reason: added details about what I've tried
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nagypeter
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
- MRCC developer
17 hours 59 minutes ago #1658
by nagypeter
Replied by nagypeter on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
To your original question "Why isn't the -L option working?"
It seems there is an extra space in your command that should not be there after -L.
Could you try like this?:
-L/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
Bests,
Peter and Laci
It seems there is an extra space in your command that should not be there after -L.
Could you try like this?:
-L/home/granem94/mrcc/mrcc-26.1.3/build
Bests,
Peter and Laci
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mhvg1994
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 20
- Thank you received: 0
17 hours 54 minutes ago - 17 hours 53 minutes ago #1659
by mhvg1994
Replied by mhvg1994 on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
I've tried it with and without the space and it made no difference, unfortunately (I'm not sure why the spaces appeared in my posts—they weren't there when I copied it in).
Last edit: 17 hours 53 minutes ago by mhvg1994.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- i.s.ger
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 5
16 hours 52 minutes ago #1660
by i.s.ger
Replied by i.s.ger on topic Error: LibXC libraries not found in ./lib or ./lib64
Seems like `LIBS_LIBXC` env var is not defined. By default, it is defined as ".", so, your lib64 should be in MRCC tree.
Like:
BASIS/
MTEST/
lib64/ (and here libxc.a, libxcf03.a)
Or do `export LIBS_LIBXC=<...>` where lib64/ is located.
Like:
BASIS/
MTEST/
lib64/ (and here libxc.a, libxcf03.a)
Or do `export LIBS_LIBXC=<...>` where lib64/ is located.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds